Monday, October 20

Hitting a brick wall

Much to my dismay, I have hit a big brick wall. I don't know how to get past this issue and if I don't, the money spent is going down the drain.

I purchased a Cricut Expression a year or so ago. I thought that it would be a great investment into starting a business of my own. In talking to their wholesale people today, I just found out that you can't use anything cut by the cricut on your website. I can't even cut out cards for my bows or headbands or bracelets and list them for sale on my website. I can cut out things that can be sold at a temporary stand alone location. So, does that limit me to only using that stuff for a boutique? I am severely disappointed. You are only told this if you want to purchase their items wholesale. I have gone through the whole process to get a business license, resale certificate, tax id and a business name (not cheap). What would you do? Is it all a bust?

2 comments:

Kendall said...

is that only of you want to sell something or lets say i made the cutest card for whatever and just wanted to show it on my website is that illegal as well? maybe the ones that you show on your website can be hand cut and the ones you sell be cut by the cricut. would that work?

Unknown said...

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It is your cricut machine you should be able to do what you want with it. I agree with the comment above maybe you can show the ones you hand cut and sell the ones with the cricut machine. I'm sorry you've hit a bump in the road. I'm sure it'll get better.

My Creations